Namesco Limited ("We and Us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from "You", or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.names.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Namesco Limited of Acton House, Perdiswell Park, Worcester, WR3 7GD.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. When making a purchase with Namesco, we will collect your contact information, which includes, name, address, email address, and phone number, as well as payment information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- If you contact us, we keep a record of that correspondence.
- Other information to help us provide You with improved services; and
- We may also collect information from the cardholder of another member of your household.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To help Us identify You and the accounts You hold with Us;
- To provide customer care;
- To enable Us to review, develop and improve Our services and website;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- We will only contact you about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you would like to change your communication preferences to opt in or out of receiving specific communications, you can manage this in your Online Control Panel
- To display targeted, or interest based, offers to You based on those products already purchased.
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES.
- Namesco works alongside third parties (including business partners, service providers and fraud protection services) and we may receive information from them about You. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you on other websites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Site and other websites in order to provide You with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests, and to measure advertising effectiveness. If you wish to opt out of interest based advertising click here. Please note you will continue to receive generic adverts.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Namesco Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Namesco, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data in your Online Control Panel.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.