How to set up email within Mac Mail (IMAP / SMTP)
The following tutorial is provided as a courtesy to our customers to help you configure your mail software to work with Namesco mail solutions. Third-party software cannot be supported directly by Namesco. If you cannot find the exact software version you are using or have further questions about configuring Mac Mail for any reason, please visit: Apple - Support - Mail section
Mac Mail will open in one of two ways, the first indicated by Step 1a. and the second indicated by step 1b.
1a. - If you have no accounts already set up in Mac Mail, you will see the screen below, from this screen select Add Other Mail Account...Once you have done this, proceed to step 2.
1b. - If you already have accounts set up in Mac Mail and you wish to add abnother, select the Mail menu and click Preferences
- Click '+' in the Accounts section
2. - Enter your Full Name, Email Address and Password then click Continue
3. - Set the Account Type as IMAP. Your Description can be anything that will allow you to identify your account. The Incoming Mail Server should be set to imap.hosts.co.uk. User Name will be your mail box name (see Webmail), then enter your Password and click Continue
4. - Tick the box Use Secure Sockets Layer. Set Authentication to Password then click Continue
5. - Enter the Description for your Outgoing Mail Server, it does not matter what this is set to. The Outgoing Mail Server will depend on who your provider is. If you have purchased Authenticated SMTP Access, you should set the server to smtp.hosts.co.uk. If you have not purchased this product, you will need to use your internet providers details. Tick Use Authentication and enter the User Name and Password supplied by your provider, then click Continue
6. - Select Take account online then click Create