Forms, Blog and Membership are not yet supported in SiteMaker HTML5 (version 6) - they will be added at a later date. The good news is that there are workarounds and widgets you can use if you want to migrate now - below are some options that you may want to consider. To find out more about how to use the HTML Snippet Widget, read our article HTML Snippet.
- Migrate and add a form using our HTML Snippet widget and a third-party provider (suggestions include: JotForm and Wufoo)
- Migrate and add your existing form back in at a later date - it will not be lost in the migration and you can hide the relevant page temporarily until it is supported
- Create an account with a blogging platform such as Tumblr or Blogger, migrate your site and link to your new blog account from your migrated site (make sure you copy and save the blog content somewhere before migrating so you can add it to your new third-party blog)
- Migrate and add your existing blog feature back in at a later date (the blog data will not be lost in the migration - it will be saved until you migrate - but you can hide the relevant pages temporarily until it is supported)
- Migrate but in the knowledge that only site admin restrictions will still be available
- Migrate and add a membership-controlled forum using a tool such as Tal.ki
- Will not be added later but you can use Photosnack - a great 3rd party tool for slideshows that has now been added to File Manager
Features that will NOT be supported at a later stage.
Some other features will not be available on the new version, but the world is your oyster if you use HTML Snippet Widget to find alternatives! Unsupported elements that you may want to find a replacement for include:
- Visitor interaction - RSS, comments forums, poll
- Shapes - star, triangle , older rounded square, old line
- Audio and video - juke box, one track, video player
- Image Tools - pop up gallery, slideshow, passport, polaroid and photo crop, images in library image folder, circular image maps, image cut outs
- Pre-set widgets / snippets - Ask Jeeves, Google search, social bookmarking, mail to, affiliate buttons, PayPal, clocks and dates, countdown, chat
- Site counter
- Loading bar
- Styles and effects, inner glow, bevel
Features that may look different in SiteMaker HTML5
Some features may look different, and you will have to do a bit of work to tweak them to how you want them to look. These include menu and shop categories (these have been replaced with default menus), blank spaces where unsupported elements such as forms once were, fonts (best matches and size will be applied), special effects like bevels and shadows, backgrounds and borders.