Reporting to: Applications Development Manager
Web applications form the core of all of Namesco's systems, and include customer-facing sites and internal systems to manage both customers and the email and web hosting infrastructures. Working with sensitive and business critical data also requires a thorough understanding of security and data integrity issues on the Internet.
Working with sensitive and business-critical data also requires a thorough understanding of security and data integrity issues on the Internet.
The successful applicant will have an enthusiastic attitude for their work with significant commercial experience in creating secure, high-performance web applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Object Orientated PHP
- Relational databases and SQL
- Unit testing with PHPUnit
- Good understanding of security issues on the internet
- Agile Software Development (Scrum, Kanban)
- NoSQL databases (Memcache, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- RESTful Web Services
- Package Management (Composer, Bower, NPM)
- Frameworks (Zend, Knockout, Backbone, jQuery)
- Usability, Accessibility, SEO & W3C Standards
- MVC Applications
- HTML5, XHTML, Sass, Git, RabbitMQ
- HTTP, SMTP, FTP, SSH, TLS, DNS
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate advanced concepts well
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment and to tight deadlines
Normal Working Hours
Your usual hours of work will be from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday inclusive, however these may be subject to alteration in accordance with the dictates of the business. You are entitled to a one hour lunch break, which is normally to be taken between 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. Depending on shift and cover patterns this may have to be taken at other convenient times.
We are open to discussion regarding remote working for 1 – 2 days per week as we do offer flexible working arrangements. However during any induction/training period (normally 1-2 months) we would require the successful candidate to work full time from the office in Worcester.Apply Now