Security and Compliance Manager
We are looking for a Security and Compliance Manager to ensure that our operations and business transactions meet all relevant security / legal obligations as well as internal policies. In your role you will be required to liaise and work with different business units within the organisation to ensure that relevant legal and company/group rules are followed when it comes to Information Security, Data Protection, PCI, and other such applicable regulations.
Job Title: Security and Compliance Manager
Reporting to: Operations Director
To succeed in this role, you should be a reliable professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions. You should be familiar with security and risk management in general as well as our industry’s standards. If you also have a sharp business acumen this would be an added bonus.
Your goal will be to ensure we operate in accordance with our regulatory and governance obligations, in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our business objectives.
The successful applicant will have an enthusiastic attitude for their work with significant compliance management experience, working with heads of business units within the organisation to drive adherence and reporting, as well as producing and updating documented policies and procedures.
In the performance of your duties, you will be expected to use your best endeavours to promote and maintain the interests and reputation of the Company at all times as well as carrying out such tasks that are required to meet the needs of the business.
Some of the responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective Security Compliance Program / policy
- Implement & maintain ISO2700-aligned Security Management Plan
- Create and monitor sound internal controls
- Draft and revise company policies working in conjunction with various department heads
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Address employee concerns or questions on security compliance
- Keep abreast of internal/external standards and business goals
- Preparing security reports and conducting security surveys
- Ensuring that group minimum security standards are in place and regular audited and reported
Required skills and experience:
- Proven experience as a Compliance Officer or
- Compliance Manager
- Experience in risk management
- Knowledge of and experience of implementing relevant frameworks and Controls (ISO 27001, ISO9001, NIST, CIS)
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrity and professional ethics
- Business acumen
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Compliance Ethics Professional (CCEP)) is a plus
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate advanced concepts well to various stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment and to tight deadlines
Normal Working Hours
The normal hours of the business are 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday inclusive. However these may be subject to alteration in accordance with the dictates of the business. You are entitled to a one hour unpaid lunch break, which is normally to be taken between 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m., but depending on shift and cover patterns may have to be taken at other convenient times.
In addition, you are required to work such extra hours as are necessary to ensure the satisfactory completion of your duties.Apply Now