A new opportunity has arisen for a PHP/Python developer to join our team in our Reading Data Centre.
Job Title: PHP/Python Developer
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Reporting to: Head of IT UK & Group Network Manager
Your usual hours of work will be from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday inclusive, however these may be subject to alteration in accordance with the dictates of the business. You are entitled to a one hour lunch break, which is normally to be taken between 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. Depending on shift and cover patterns this may have to be taken at other convenient times.
An opportunity has arisen for a PHP/Python developer to join our team in our Reading Data Centre. The successful applicant will have an enthusiastic attitude for their work with significant commercial experience in creating secure, high-performance web applications.
After many years of sustained growth, both organically and through acquisitions, Namesco is entering a new phase of expansion. The company is now keen to improve existing systems and extend its product range, providing the opportunity for many exciting development projects.
The role requires a good general understanding of Internet technologies and their underlying protocols, such as HTTP, SMTP and DNS. PHP and MySQL applications form the core of all of Namesco's systems and are used to manage the email, web hosting and broadband infrastructures. Working with sen sitive and business critical data al so requires a thorough understanding of security and data integrity issues on the Internet.
Required skills & Experience
- PHP and Perl experience
- MySQL or PostgreSQL
- RedHat & Debian Linux distributions
- Web Services (Json, Soap RESTful)
- NoSQL databases (Memcache, Couchbase or MongoDb)
- Principles of Object Orientated Programming
- Good understanding of security issues on the internet
- Good understanding of Internet protocols
- MVC Applications
- Kickstart, DHCP and TFTP experience
- jQuery/Ajax/CSS/HTML/XML experience
- PHP Tools (PHPUnit and XDebug)
- Yii, Zend or Laravel Framework knowledge
- RabbitMQ experience
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate advanced concepts well
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment and to tight deadlines