Front End Developer
Job Title: Front End Developer
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Reporting to: User Interface Team Manager
Location: Office based in Worcester
With some really exciting plans ahead of us, names.co.uk are seeking a passionate and talented Front-End Developer. The candidate will be working in a marketing driven environment, focusing on deliverables for a group of sites attributed to their marketing manager. The individual must be able to slot in to a fast, but friendly team environment and be able to manage sites, act on briefs and action promotions to strict deadlines.
Normal Working Hours: Your usual hours of work will be from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday inclusive, however these may be subject to alteration in accordance with the dictates of the business. You are entitled to a one hour lunch break, which is normally to be taken between 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm.
You will be working on both new and rapidly evolving projects with cutting edge technologies, as well as some older legacy sites. There is constant emphasis to improve as you go and improve manageability and quality, so ideas regarding new techniques and technology are always listened to and are actively encouraged.
UI/UX Team Manager, Mark says: "The team has a great dynamic and balance with everyone having a genuine interest in providing a great user experience for our customers, we are approaching a brand new wave of interface redevelopments and testing which is a great time to be onboard."
The candidate will need to work closely with the team’s developers and other team members to help integrate the solutions.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Defining innovative, scalable, dynamic and intuitive interface proposals
- Translating designs into working CSS template based Adobe Photoshop PSD Layouts
- Liaising with developers to integrate templates within the platform
- Maintenance and growth of the company websites
- Production and Support of web based marketing activities
- Analysing and proposing improvements through user testing, and analytical data review
- Producing detailed proposals & specification for production
- Liaising with related stakeholders on requirements and input to unsure a tasks success
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest UX/UI standards and practices
Required skills and experience - Essential tools and languages:
- Spotless and semantic HTML5
- Methodically written & organised CSS(3)
- CSS compilers, our preference is SASS / Compass
- Version control (Git / SVN)
- Email design, creation and testing
- Understanding of templating systems & MVC
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite - particularly Photoshop
Essential - experience / techniques / traits:
- Ability to create consistent quality of experience across devices, platforms and browsers.
- Knowledge of good design practices when designing for the web.
- Ability to work off a brief to conceptualise, design and implement UI/UX under time constraints.
- Display competence of UI/UX techniques i.e. prototyping / wireframing.
- The diplomacy to work with a team of various disciplines over a number of iterations to project completion.
- Ability to pick things up as you go along.
- Always looking for ways to improve and suggest improvements under the time constraints given.
- Exposure to Zend & MVC
- Knowledge of AGILE - specifically Scrum and or Kanban
- Working knowledge of relational databases