Network Operations Centre Manager
Job Title: Network Operations Centre Manager
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Office based in Reading
As the NOC manger you will be responsible for supervising a group of Team leaders and Technicians that will be responsible for the Data Centre Operations, where you will be walking into already established and functioning teams. The Group is responsible for Level 1 / 2 troubleshooting for many areas including: Windows / Linux systems, LAN/ WAN networking. In addition this group will be responsible for the physical installation of all equipment including server provisioning within the Data Centre Environment.
You will be responsible for the scheduling of teams to cover 24 x 7 support, 365 days a year.
You will also be responsible for contractors working outside of the UK and you will ensure that the Data Centre Operations are in accordance with established polices and procedures, monitor performance of teams and equipment. You will also be expected to deal with customer issues / complaints form time to time as and when they arise.
You will also manage a small team of managed server administrators. You will be expected to set team KPI’s and manage these with regular feedback to your line manager.
You will have full autonomy and will be required to work outside of the normal office hours, to cover to staff holidays / interactions with staff on night shift.
In the performance of your duties, you will be expected to use your best endeavours to promote and maintain the interests and reputation of the Company at all times.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership, technical expertise and management to group of Team Leaders and their teams.
- Develop,refine,implement and maintain documentation enforcing support policies and procedures for the day-to-day Data Centre Operations.
- Training and Motivating NOC technicians with support of other colleagues and management.
- Develop and report on the KPI’s / Metrics for the performance of the NOC and Team Leaders.
- Ensure NOC technician and Team Leaders adhere to the policies and provide resolution within the target SLA.
- Deal with all customer complaints verbally and in writing when escalated from your teams.
- KPI management.
- Stock Management and Ordering (Memory, Disks, Raid Cards, CPU and so on)
- Identify upsell opportunities within the existing customer base for pro-active calling by your teams;
- To actively participate and engage in relevant forums related to Dedicated Hosting
- To liaise with our EU brands in setting up procedures and process to allow them to resell our servers to their customers.
- To be involved in ad-hoc projects representing Data Centre / Dedicated Hosting
- Support and actively promote the Dada and Namesco values
- To be part of an international group, sharing your experiences and knowledge to relevant colleagues across borders
- Carry out such tasks that are required to meet the needs of the business
- Using your initiative to take sales / support calls for other products and services as and when required, or requested by management
Required skills and experience
- Strong IT skills including Internet, server hardware (Dell, HP, Supermicro)
- 5 years Customer Services / Support / Leadership / Managerial experience
- Resilient with the ability to problem solve
- Working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level
- Clear written and verbal skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good understanding of Dedicated Hosting / Virtual Server Market
- KPI Management
- Experience of the hosting industry
- Experience of Data Centre Operations and working within the Data Centre environment
- Providing excellent customer service
- Delivering business results
- Self motivation
- Attention to detail
- Making good decisions
- Bringing innovation to problem solving
- Autonomous and target-driven
Normal working hours
Your usual hours of work will be from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday inclusive, however these may be subject to alteration in accordance with the dictates of the business. You are entitled to a one hour lunch break, which is normally to be taken between 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. Depending on shift and cover patterns this may have to be taken at other convenient times.
You should be aware that travel might be required from time to time and sometimes this travel will be international. This will involve overnight stays.Apply Now