Technical Support Supervisor
Job Title: Technical Support Supervisor
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Reporting to: Network Operations Centre Manager
Location: Based in Reading
Your normal hours of work will be based on four shifts of four day shifts from 7.00am to 7.00pm, each four day shift being followed by four days off, and then four shifts of four night shifts from 7.00pm to 7.00am, each four day shift being followed by four days off. Shifts include weekends and bank holidays and will be rotated throughout the year to provide a mixture of day and night shift work. You are allowed a one hour unpaid break to be taken when work requirements permit. All additional extra hours worked, in excess of your contractual hours, will be paid at time and a half.
Supervising and motivating a team of Technical Support Advisors, you will be overseeing the day-to-day running of the Technical Support Team on your section, ensuring that the department’s SLA’s and KPI’s are consistently met and wherever possible, exceeded.
Embedding a culture of development will be key to your success. attending team meetings, having regular coaching sessions will all form part of the Supervisor responsibilities. You should manage your resources effectively to ensure all calls are answered within the agreed timescales. Active performance management will be consistently applied across your team via your line manager.
In the performance of your duties, you will be expected to use your best endeavours to promote and maintain the interests and reputation of the Company at all times as well as acting as a role model for all Technical Support Teams.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Ensure workload is managed across the team in line with department’s SLA’s & KPI’s
- Manage time effectively across the team (breaks, lunches, etc.)
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of the systems and processes
- Act as referral point to help staff resolve queries and problems
- Handle escalated complaint calls effectively to resolution
- Deal with high level written complaints in line with the company’s complaint handling procedures
- Act as a channel for escalating issues from the team to senior management
- Propose compensation and/or goodwill gestures where appropriate to Network Operations Centre Manager and Resolutions team
- Work with the Namesco Training and Development team to improve your teams sales, technical, system and telephone skills
- Assist the Network Operations Centre Manager in the implementation and sharing of Best Practice, raising knowledge and quality across the teams
- To be involved in ad-hoc projects representing Technical Support Team
- To communicate and update your teams’ regularly through team meetings
- To recognise, Identify and support Technical Support Team in their areas of development
- To work with customer care teams, to generate new ideas and strategies that make our company stronger
- Assist the company in the management of absence
- Support and actively promote the Namesco Technical Support Values
- Carry out such tasks that are required to meet the needs of the business
- Strong IT skills inc. Windows, Linux, VPS, HyperV, Network Infrastructure, Good Intercommunication
- Previous Customer Service experience – preferably at supervisor level or higher
- Resilient with the ability to problem solve
- Working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level
- Clear written and verbal skills
- Good presentation skills
- Providing Excellent Customer Service
- Delivering Business Results
- Team Working
- Self Motivation
- Attention to detail
- Making good decisions
- Bringing innovation to problem solving
- Developing Others
For over a decade, Namesco has provided first class web services to a wide variety of customers that require high-quality, reliable and forward thinking Internet solutions. Namesco has enjoyed steady and controlled growth, driven organically and through strategic acquisitions.
By continually investing in our technical infrastructure, websites and people, we are able to deliver industry leading domain registration, web hosting, ecommerce, email, servers and other web services.
Namesco (www.names.co.uk) operates from bases in Worcester, London, Maidenhead and Dublin, and through its branded websites.
Our philosophy of delivering high-quality products and personal service has built an award winning business that has delivered many industry firsts and received many awards and accolades:
- Multiple winners of "The best shared hosting provider" at the annual Internet Services Providers’ Association (ISPA) Awards
- Finalist for “The best consumer and business broadband provider” at the annual Internet Services Providers’ Association (ISPA) Awards
- First to market globally with a dual Linux and Windows clustered hosting platform, co-developed with Microsoft and their development partner Corroware
Namesco is part of the Dada Group, an international group of companies dedicated to providing professional online services to businesses and individuals. As a group, we manage over 1.8 million domain names and 490,000 customers, taking over 40,000 new domain registrations every month.
The Dada Group operates in the UK, Ireland, Italy, USA, Spain, France, Portugal, and the Netherlands through Namesco, Register365, Register.IT Nominalia SL, and the Amen Group respectively.
If you want to be part of the Namesco success story then you need to be able to push yourself and your colleagues to go the extra mile and deliver excellence in every aspect of the business. If you want to feel challenged on a daily basis and belong to a team that is committed to exceeding expectations, then you’ll thrive in the dynamic and unique environment we have created at Namesco.
The Namesco team are a bunch of lively and exciting individuals, who enjoy being part of a close-knit team, which extends beyond the office. There are no average days and no average people here, just a collection of highly talented individuals working together to make Namesco the best business it can be.Apply Now