Job Title: Systems/Application Developer
Location: Office based in Maidenhead
System/Application Developer to join our Network/Infrastructure Team in Maidenhead. This is a permanent, full time position.
Position Type: Permanent
Salary: Dependent on skills & experience
Reporting to: Group Network Manager and Head of Network and Infrastructure, UK
Normal Working Hours: Your usual hours of work will be from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday inclusive, however these may be subject to alteration in accordance with the needs of the business. You are entitled to a one hour lunch break, which is normally to be taken between 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. Depending on shift and cover patterns this may have to be taken at other convenient times. You should be aware that travel might be required from time to time and sometimes this travel will be international. This will involve overnight stays.
You will be responsible, on a day-to-day basis, for managing technical architectures that deliver Namesco’s Dedicated and Virtual Products. This includes making sure that all services are available for 100% of the time as well as making sure that the services are optimised to serve as quickly as possible. Another important part of the role is to liaise with other departments in the company including Development and Support, to help resolve issues and identify areas that require work. This includes producing tools to enable the support department to troubleshoot problems without escalating them.
The ideal candidate will work well in a international team with contacts across Europe; This person needs to be able to cooperate with different people and feel at home in Perl development with main focus in system integration. Knowledge of other programming languages (mainly Python/PHP) would be a plus and Linux system administration as well.
In the performance of your duties, you will be expected to use your best endeavours to promote and maintain the interests and reputation of the Company at all times as well as acting as a role model for all Advisors and Specialists.
- Supporting existing applications
- Developing new features for our Magic Provisioning System for Servers
- Integration of Magic with other systems within the dada.pro group.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of the systems and processes
- Act as referral point to help staff resolve queries and problems
- Resolve escalated issues with Provisioning system using our internal issue tracker
- Develop new products or services that would help the company be more successful
- Suggest and implement new approaches and architectural improvements
- Strong IT skills inc. internet
- Resilient with the ability to problem solve
- Clear written and verbal skills
- Operating Systems: 2+ years experience with Linux and Windows
- Languages: Perl, PHP, Bash, others helpful
- Basic Application Clustering knowledge
- 2 + Years of experience with Perl, with emphasis in System Administration / Web Development
- 2 + Years of experience with MySQL
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent Software Development skills
- Knowledge and Experience in System Administration
- Experience with revision system (CVS / SVN)
- TCP/IP and networking knowledge
- Delivering Business Results
- Team Working
- Self Motivation
- Attention to detail
- Making good decisions
- Bringing innovation to problem solving