By registering domains in a variety of strategic extensions e.g. yourdomain.com, yourdomain.co.uk and yourdomain.eu, you can protect your business online from competitors or scams such as phishing and cyber squatting.
Internet scammers often use misspellings of domains or register domains in alternative extensions to send traffic to their website instead of yours. Their website presence could be similar to yours and they want to gain new business, or they could be using it to sell fake goods or access user details. Alternatively their website could be very different to yours and contain undesirable or illegal content.
What are you protecting against:
- Protect your brand from being associated with undesirable or illegal content
- Protect your business against phishing attacks and keep your customers safe
- Protect your intellectual property against rival interests
Ways to protect your business:
- Register domain extensions in your local market
- Register domain extensions in the global markets you wish to enter, now or in the future
- Register common misspellings of your domain name